Guide biopsy and aspirate Bone Marrow
Outpatient procedure where after anesthetizing the skin, a special needle into the bone is introduced (usually the hip) and a small piece of bone and a liquid substance, in order to diagnose problems of the bone marrow or perform extracted follow.
How is the procedure performed?
- It explains the procedure.
- Read and sign the informed consent.
- He lies down on the couch.
- It is placed sideways or upside down.
- Skin disinfection is carried out.
- All elements used are disposable and single use.
- The doctor will explain each step of the procedure.
- The doctor injects a local anesthetic.
- The doctor removes samples.
- Dressing is left puncture site.
- Ice should be applied.
- samples are sent for analysis.
- Patient must claim the average results in 10 days.
Risks of the Procedure
- Bruising and / or bleeding at the puncture site.
- Infection at the puncture site or bone.
- Nerve injury.
- Drilling organ or vessel.
- Severe pain at the puncture site.
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- Notified in advance if you are anticoagulated, it is operated hip or are allergic to anesthesia ..
- You can continue with your daily activities after the procedure.
- Apply ice for 2 hours to complete the procedure.
- Remove the next day the dressing covering the hole.
- Keep an eye on the puncture site and let us know if you see: Output pus, swelling, redness, fever.